Crazy Cakes and Fondant - Chickens and Otherstuff!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by AyeUpChuck, Jun 2, 2011.

1. AyeUpChuck

AyeUpChuck Striving for Self-Sufficiency

Mar 7, 2011
    Beavercreek, OR
    So I'm a former savory/pastry chef/ cake artist. I've ALWAYS been super tactile. I LOVE working with fondant and gumpaste though I don't get to do it nearly as much as I used to now that I'm a fulltime mom. It's a really fun easy thing to try. I highly recommend that you do. If you have a Michaels or Joanns near you then you can at least try it out. Buy a small box of premade fondant, a small fourpack of gel color and play! If you have any questions PLEASE feel free to ask. I love showing people that they're just as capable if not moreso than some professionals. In fact I inspired a classmate from highschool and helped her to open her own cake shop in our hometown! Give it a try I bet you're pleasantly surprised!

Here are a few of my pieces

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    [​IMG] [​IMG] whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. AyeUpChuck

Mar 7, 2011
    Beavercreek, OR
    You're hilarious!

4. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Wow, now that's talent! I'd be good at eating them, but that's about it! [​IMG] You seriously need some slate feet and copper hackles on those chooks! [​IMG]

5. AyeUpChuck

Mar 7, 2011
    Beavercreek, OR
    Quote:Oh don't you worry Debbi! I'm going to make a fullsize sculpted Clyde cake for Newnan next year! I'm a force to be reckoned with once my airbrush comes out!!! We'll just have to decide on the appropriate leg feathering first [​IMG]

6. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Quote:DITTO! [​IMG]

Nice work!

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Those are gorgeous! You are a natural, but I'm sure you also practiced a lot to get to that skill level!

8. AyeUpChuck

Mar 7, 2011
    Beavercreek, OR
    Indeed! It does take practice but it's SUPER fun! I've always kind of been geeky in the art realm. I also am a henna artist in my spare time.

9. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    [​IMG]

10. Raven1

Raven1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Carthage, TN
    I love all of them but the rubber ducks are my fav so good

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by