Crazy Chicken Lady from Southeast Missouri

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MickeyGriffin, Mar 27, 2017.

1. MickeyGriffin

MickeyGriffin Just Hatched

Mar 27, 2017
    Just wanted to say hi, I just joined BYC. I've had my very small flock of RIR's for a year now. One rooster, six hens. I've wanted to raise chickens for years and now I am living my dream! I am as happy about my chckens as a woman could ever be. This year I am going to try to hatch chicks....wish me luck!

[​IMG]

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, MickeyGriffin, and welcome to BYC! It's great to have you here! If you are new to chickens you might like to explore the many informative articles in the Learning Center here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center They will answer many questions you currently have and many more you don't even have yet!
    And in the following link you can say howdy to other Show-Me-State poultry folks: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/73271/calling-any-one-from-missouri
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! :weee

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]Hi Mickey, glad you joined us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]

4. MickeyGriffin

Mar 27, 2017
    Thanks for the welcome and the links! I'll for sure be checking them out!

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I'm a fan of RIR's too, good luck with your project.

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under MickeyGriffin [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received links to some great starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

7. MickeyGriffin

Mar 27, 2017
    Thank you![​IMG]

8. MickeyGriffin

Mar 27, 2017
    Thank you so much! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by