(Crazy) Chicken Lady in Kingman AZ

skyhunt2016

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2016
Hi, all-

I have been lucky enough to have friends with chickens so that I could get organic eggs, but just now our City Council wisely changed the rules in this small rural town so that I can have chickens on my 2/3 acre in town. Why didn't they do this before? Well, who knows? There was a chicken coop on the property when I bought it!

But in any case, the rules just changed two weeks ago, but I had to wait until this past week to get some chicks from Tractor Supply, the only place in town that reliably got chicks in. So now I have 10 little ones running around (4 pullets (hah!) and 6 straight run bantams (crossing fingers). I really just want them for pets, so their egg laying capabilities aren't why I selected them, although what I have is 2 red sex links, 2 cuckoo marans (these are the 4 that are sexed as pullets) and 6 various bantams, which I think are a Japanese Phoenix, three Cochin frizzles (a buff, a blue and a black), and two little unidentified fuzzy objects.

We're building the hoop run in easy stages, as they won't need it for weeks, and so far my husband hasn't divorced me (although it was close when I brought home 4 extra after the first batch).

Wish me luck! I will be posting some questions in a few minutes about what y'all experienced chicken people might think my little unidentified fuzzy objects might be. Thanks in advance, and may the Great Hen be with you!

Hi and a warm welcome to BYC. I wish you the best of luck with your flock and its good to see that arithmetics and chicks can get "confusing"
smile.png

Best wishes

CT

welcome-byc.gif

Don't be too surprised if your husband gets as attached to the chickens as you...they have a way of finding a soft place in the heart.

Once your unidentified chicks are several weeks old, you can post pictures of them on this thread for some help identifying them:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this
Be sure to read the pictures guideline to get the best response.

Enjoy your new flock and thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom