crazy chicken mom...

andrealeec

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 10, 2011
So my 11 6 week old chicks went to the coop today. They loved it, until the temperature started to drop. It was 58 degrees...went out to check on them and they were all huddled in a corner. So being the crazy chicken mother that I am, I boxed them up and brought them back inside...it's supposed to be 50 degrees tonight!!

Hahaha... I did that too with the first three, but it got down in the 30's. I have my 4 week olds out in the coo(in the kennel). The coop in insulated, so it stays pretty warm.

Our coop has 2 big windows with hardware cloth over them and the wind was blowing through! I couldn't leave them out there! They are much happier inside. Hopefully I can send them out tomorrow...

I'm the same way. Mine have gone from the basement to the garage, I like to think I'm breaking myself down slowly. Tomorrow is the big coop waaaaay in the back of the yard. I may need xanax!

You aren't a crazy chicken mom... You are a caring chicken mom... It is hot here. I have a coop I use as a brooder coop. I have a heat lamp or two in there when it is chilly out. I close the windows and vents at night when its cool out to help keep the heat in. In the mornings I open the pop door to their run.

IMG_0887.jpg
070409219.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom