Crazy chicken on the loose!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by mommyofthreewithchicks, Oct 24, 2010.

1. mommyofthreewithchicks

mommyofthreewithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    So this weekend my DH was in charge of the chickens and ducks. I guess today two of the roosters flew over the fence to check things out and DH tried to chase them back inside. Lover boy flew back the way he came as soon as he saw DH but...

Crazy lived up to his name and must have decided that DH was a threat and ran away. I guess DH went out 3 or more times trying to get him back in and each time saw that Crazy was circling the barn looking for a way in but would run away from DH and the saving efforts. When I came home it was after dark and I walked around the barn, looked into the coop to check if he made it back in- no sign of him.[​IMG] I checked around the barn yet again and poked the light in all corners and happened to see a spot of color high up in the barn loft. Crazy did indeed get into the barn but not the part where the chickens are kept instead flew into the hay loft and was hanging onto a peace of board. Just above the chickens. He wouldn't move! Not even when I climbed up and reached for him and shook all the way home.

I am sure he had quite a day! Hopefully he will stay inside until we can actually get the bird netting on the top of the run. [​IMG] Silly chicken!

2. S*T*A*R

S*T*A*R Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    Haha what an adventure!!!! Better get that net on soon...... [​IMG]

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Poor Crazy!

4. mommyofthreewithchicks

mommyofthreewithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    He gave DH the run around! I think the plan is for the net to go up this week. But I was really thinking of the ducks when I bought it as the chickens seem to know how to come back home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by