Crazy Crazy Crazy CRAZY stinkin birds!!! DUW!

theOEGBman

Songster
13 Years
Jan 13, 2007
Central California
Well, My birds are trying to drive me insane and kill me. I got rid of 31 birds in Feb. and cut back a lot on feed costs. I was really proud of myself, and then all of my NN bantam started laying. I never have much luck with keeping all of these birds alive, so I had one go broody on 9 eggs and let her keep them. Its been two weeks and she should hatch them next Sunday.

006-1.jpg

Well, a few days later my BR X Dom went broody on about 20 NN bantam eggs! I went out today and she's sharing her broody duties with another mix hen I have. Totally fine with me. Three broodies isnt much, especially if two are sharing a nest.

007-1.jpg

So.... My duck's missing for a couple days and I figured she snuck off. I keep them penned so I was worried. Well, my dad found her! Wanna guess what she was doing???

You see her?

001.jpg

How about now?!

005-1.jpg

Her pen is on the other side of the property. She braved two bird eating dogs to get to this area! Her poor drake was wandering around all day with nothing to do, and he has no clue where she is!

So I thought, good lord, 4 broodies! Well, I was wrong! I went to collect eggs in my big pen and had THREE broody Naked Necks! I said "NO WAY!" and kicked them all off,lol. So now I have 3 broody chickens and one broody duck. I called Lynn (Henhaven) to rant but she didnt pick up, so I had to rant to myself,lol. Stinkin animals are going to drive me nuts.

So, since two of Rizzle's girls are broody on a nest, I decided to snap a couple pics of him and his last girl, CB. Excuse the mess, the bags are meant to keep the wind off of one pen and the wind blew them off,lol. His comb is black because my cousin's roo got loose and tore him up. I cleaned him up, but he's looking rough.

008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

All I've been hearing today from my mom is, "Its that time of year!"
barnie.gif

Thanks, Wyne.

Brenda, Seriously!

Coty, I really only wanted one to be a mommy,lol. I do not need all of these broodies!

Cyn, seriously, you can have my broody vibes! Just wait til these hatch. Gosh, what have I done?

Sorry, Jordan, I was working today! I woulda been there for ya, buddy! Yowzers, your girls are OUT OF CONTROL!!!
lau.gif
Oops, I mean,
barnie.gif
But it is
gig.gif
Sorry, here:
hugs.gif
Or maybe:
he.gif

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
wink.png

I want a broody :mad: I just picked up two wheaten amerucana pullets who are about 26 weeks old from legendary broody lines I garuntee next year at this time I will be screaming curse you broody chickens LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom