Crazy crested chickens! What are they?

amymae1100

Songster
8 Years
Mar 3, 2014
Texas
I've never had anything crested before but here they are, straight from the old TSC Banty bin. Houdan? Oh they have 5 toes. Silkies? But their skin isn't blue. They are a couple of weeks old and VERY hardy and
[/IMG]high strung lol. Any ideas?

They are pretty good beards from what I've heard. Nice and mellow. However, if their topknot falls in their eyes, they will become extremely flighty and not very smart. It's very important to tie their topknots or at least trim them. If you want, you can check out the breeds section of BYC and look up Houdans. I do not own any yet ( I'm getting a few in early May), so don't have any experience.

They are pretty good beards from what I've heard. Nice and mellow. However, if their topknot falls in their eyes, they will become extremely flighty and not very smart. It's very important to tie their topknots or at least trim them. If you want, you can check out the breeds section of BYC and look up Houdans. I do not own any yet ( I'm getting a few in early May), so don't have any experience.

Here are my other fluffs if anyone can take a look and tell me what they are. All the black ones have feathered feet and straight combs it looks like. You guys are awesome btw!

Back
Top Bottom