crazy ducks...funny ducks...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by duck walk, May 19, 2010.

1. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    I was at a feed store that I don't frequent the other day just browsing...I ambled to the back of the store and discovered that they sell live crickets for fish bait...well, you know where I am going with this...I bought a huge bag of crickets thnking my bug chasing and munching ducks would like some...came home and headed to the duck yard...they spotted the bag and proceeded to herd me to the area where I pass out the treats...they have never been given live crickets like this before...I opened the bag and shook the bugs out and it was total chaos...the crickets were hopping, the ducks were chasing and gobbling, the geese were honking and chasing...I think in about 30 seconds all crickets were dispatched...the duckss and geese huffed and puffed and searched for a long time after just in case one of the buggers got away from their eagle eyes and hot pursuit...it was hilarious...tho not so much so for the crickets...after the bug gorging, all feathered creatures passed out in the shade of the peach trees in deep grass for a couple hours worth of napping...

2. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:It doesn't sound like your flock needs it but a lot of cricket feeders stick crickets in the refrigerator to slow them down.

3. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    [​IMG] That is AWESOME!!!

4. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

Quote:Not needed if you have a bunch of predator ducks on the loose. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by