Crazy dust bath question...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by GumBranchChick, Mar 6, 2017.

1. GumBranchChick

GumBranchChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2016
    Elberta, AL
    Okay, I feel dumb asking this but I'm a paranoid animal mom & I can't help myself. We had a family get together last night which included a fire, specifically so I could make new wood ash for my 4 chickies! And before I knew it, my mother in law had thrown the end of her cigarette in the fire. I tried to search & find it but it must have already burned up. :(( Should I burn new ashes or am I being overly paranoid?

2. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    I doubt it will cause any harm if one finds it. If your chickens free range, you'd be surprised at all the things they find to eat.

3. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Agreed. With that being said. Establish a policy now that no one is EVER allowed to dispose of their butts on your property.

4. GumBranchChick

GumBranchChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2016
    Elberta, AL
    Awesome! Thank you! I think it burned up anyway and assumed it was not a big deal but just had to be sure.
    Agreed!! People Definitely need to take that crap with them. I just hate cigarettes. She knows that and I think it was her way of not leaving it. But I feel much better having gotten some outside opinions. Thank you again!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by