Crazy/funny places you have found eggs

TheLittleFarm18

Songster
Apr 15, 2018
Central Illinois
While I'm impatiently waiting on my first egg from my free rangers i thought it would be fun to hear of stories of places eggs have been found. I walk around the farm every couple of days looking for eggs and I thought maybe I'd get ideas of places I haven't thought to look from this thread

I have ducks and the girls were in the pen when one of them laid an egg. Part of the pen is chicken wire, the other part is chain link. Somehow the egg was outside the pen. I was confused as how it got outside the pen. Did she lay it with her but against the chain link and it plopped out the fence? Or did she use her beak to peace it out? Ive also found soft shell eggs in their pool. Once I found an egg on the old straw pile. Oh and I havnt forgotten the time an egg ended up on the boys side of the coop. I figured darkwing took a day off from laying and when i was tossin the straw in the coop, I put my rake right into her egg. I was baffled bc she was on the otherside. No idea how her egg ended up on the boys side.:idunno

I had one that chose a window well on the basement and another that laid behind the honeysuckle.

I saw pictures where someone found an egg on a rafter. That would take effort to do.

Back
Top Bottom