Crazy Gertie is at it again...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by debid, Dec 13, 2011.

1. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    Gertrude learned a new trick yesterday and repeated it again today. This concerns me since it can no longer be dismissed as accidental. When my son opened the egg access door, she ran into the coop, jumped into a nest box, and flew out the hole past him. I saw him chasing her around the shed and went to rescue the naughty girl. Gertie saw me coming toward her and immediately dropped into her "love me" posture so I scooped her up and put her back into the run. About 30 minutes before their normal roost time, I let them all out to range and everyone was scarfing down the greens so I guess that's what she was after. Impatient bird...

2. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    Chickens! They'll do something so stupid you think they need instructions to poo one minute, then something super smart the next! [​IMG]

3. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    Quote:It confirms my theory, really. They pretend to be puzzled by the open gate as part of their great master plan to take over the world. If we think they're stupid, we won't worry so much when we find military tactical plans scratched in the dirt.

4. McKenley5

McKenley5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Mine have been going next door and getting into the neighbors flower beds, so we put up a simple little chickenwire fence on the side of our house to keep them in our yard. They have now figured out to go across our backyard (the other direction), across the front yard, right back to the neighbors flower bed! UGH! They are outsmarting us for sure!

[​IMG]

5. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I would have loved to see that. [​IMG]

6. mcjessen

mcjessen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Coeur d Alene ID
    Quote:It confirms my theory, really. They pretend to be puzzled by the open gate as part of their great master plan to take over the world. If we think they're stupid, we won't worry so much when we find military tactical plans scratched in the dirt.

x2! It's amazing!

7. poseygrace

poseygrace Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Georgia
    Haha this thread made me lol!!! They really are plotting how to overtake the world...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by