crazy hen left on day 21

Colored Flock

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 25, 2013
I had to quickly fire up the incubator for my last egg! It is on day 21 and I can hear peepeing. Its at 98 degrees, its a still air. What do you think my chances are?

WooingWyandotte

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 25, 2011
Arkansas
idunno.gif
Anyone's guess. Worst that could happen is the chick died and a lesson learned! No harm in trying, and good luck. Make sure its extra humid in there for the hatching!

Colored Flock

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 25, 2013
Hes still peeping in there. So all the trays a full temp is set and hope for the best in the morning.

Colored Flock

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 25, 2013

My incubator goes on the fritz regularly so tiny silverlaced/japanese black tailed peepers in snug in a heating pad in a basket :)

Colored Flock

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 25, 2013
I realize she isnt learning chicken ways from me but she crawls instead of walking and I tried to stick her with her older siblings (shes 3 days behind) and they were pretty mean to her....so I dont want her pecked to death...do I just keep her in the box? Any tips on teaching her to be a chicken would be great.

AbiLuv

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 31, 2014
Upstate New York
I realize she isnt learning chicken ways from me but she crawls instead of walking and I tried to stick her with her older siblings (shes 3 days behind) and they were pretty mean to her....so I dont want her pecked to death...do I just keep her in the box? Any tips on teaching her to be a chicken would be great.

What breed? The Silverlaced/Japanese?

Top Bottom