Crazy hen

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by GeeGi, Mar 14, 2017.

1. GeeGi

GeeGi Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2017
    Slaughterville
    I couldn't find a thread so...I moved some of the larger chicks in the coop yesterday evening, they have been sleeping inside the house and playing in the yard during daylight. My hen Ruby lost her family before Christmas and I moved her inside until she was acting normal again so the coop has been HERS for a few months. Last night she walked in and got about halfway up the ramp and made the horrible racket she makes when upset. She turned and headed back down complaining all the way to the porch. I was inside, it's dark by now so she should be inside her coop. I thought I heard knocking on the door and opened it. There was Ruby jumping up hitting the door. I opened the door, she walked in like she owned the place and went over to the fride. I had to put her rug back up there and that is where she slept last night. Hopefully tonight she is okay with the others but I'm betting not. LOL Anybody else have crazy chickens? I had another one named MaryAnne, she was one that was killed, the girl was hilarious! I sure do miss her.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    She's smart - not crazy. She knows where it is warm and safe.

3. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe

x2

Funny hen! :D

4. GeeGi

Feb 3, 2017
    Slaughterville
    She really is smart...and jealous too! I was holding my new duckling and she stood up and started her racket. Poor girl is not adjusting well to other birds. LOL

5. GeeGi

Feb 3, 2017
    Slaughterville
    You should see her trying to keep the chicks away from food when I throw out treats. She is so busy running them off she is missing out. Crazy girl!

6. FlyWheel

FlyWheel Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

All chickens are crazy....almost as crazy as their owners. In your case though I have to agree, she's smart!

7. GeeGi

Feb 3, 2017
    Slaughterville
    If she comes inside tonight I'll get a pic. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by