Crazy is getting fresh!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by buck431397, Oct 4, 2009.

1. buck431397

buck431397 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    Pilesgrove, NJ
    I've been giving my flock some treats for the past several days on a pretty regular basis, and my one hen, Crazy Chicken is getting fresh. She's always been a little....different..... as if she lacks that part of the brain that allows you to think before you do something.[​IMG]

It all started with the mealworms, she got most of them- by snatching them out of my fingers before anyone else could.... today after i had given them their sunflower seeds, and i was walking around hunting for missing eggs, she followed me around, and not like the rest- she was stalking me.......

then i went out later and was just chilling, and she came up and pecked at my bracelet, oh and before she was pecking my shoes....

Now, i try to give her the benefit of the doubt because she's , well.... you know......[​IMG]

So how do i keep her in her place?

2. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Sounds to me like she loves you and figures if she follows you around you will give her more treats. Try treating her to a lap snuggle and see what she does. One of my hens pecks at me when she wants to be picked up and cuddled.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  3. Cape Cod Chick

Cape Cod Chick Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2009
    Cape Cod
    It sounds like she is stalking you for treats! Funny chicken.

4. loverOFchickens

loverOFchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Maybe you could try the scatter so nobody can reach them all at one time approach?

5. buck431397

buck431397 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    Pilesgrove, NJ
    i am sure she has no ill intention, and she certainly is funny. just can't control her treat urge!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by