Crazy is getting fresh!

buck431397

Songster
10 Years
Aug 29, 2009
Pilesgrove, NJ
I've been giving my flock some treats for the past several days on a pretty regular basis, and my one hen, Crazy Chicken is getting fresh. She's always been a little....different..... as if she lacks that part of the brain that allows you to think before you do something.
hmm.png

It all started with the mealworms, she got most of them- by snatching them out of my fingers before anyone else could.... today after i had given them their sunflower seeds, and i was walking around hunting for missing eggs, she followed me around, and not like the rest- she was stalking me.......

then i went out later and was just chilling, and she came up and pecked at my bracelet, oh and before she was pecking my shoes....

Now, i try to give her the benefit of the doubt because she's , well.... you know......
hu.gif

So how do i keep her in her place?

Chickenaddict

Songster
11 Years
May 19, 2008
East Bethel MN
Sounds to me like she loves you and figures if she follows you around you will give her more treats. Try treating her to a lap snuggle and see what she does. One of my hens pecks at me when she wants to be picked up and cuddled.

Last edited:

Top Bottom