1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Crazy little chick!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Silkiesandco, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Silkiesandco

Silkiesandco Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    Canada eh?
    Hello,

One of my chicks acts very strange. This is kinda weird but im just wondering. He was a help-out so im not sure if its because of that. His help-out problem was basicly his egg sac wasnt developed correctly (but its all fine now). Anyway hes a bit wack in the head. He moves his head every which way, I call him a raptor sometimes because he looks exactly like how a raptor moves its head when focusing (at least in the movies). He also eats weird too, moves his head every which way as well. He runs around like a maniac (though not in a frightened way). Bullies the other chickens (even my large turken chick!) by pecking all over them. He sometimes does flips then tumbles around dizzily (truthfully, hes very weird!). He walks strange as well, wobbles and tumbles, yet his legs and feet are in perfect condition. He attacks everything, well maybe not attack but pecks it viciously. Ah hes my crazy boy. I dont mind him this way though, hes extremly friendly and always comes to you. Haha this is a funny post. You can just post, give me a reason why hes acting this way or tips. Dont really need tips but yeah! [​IMG]

2. Silkiesandco

Silkiesandco Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    Canada eh?
    Btw he is about 4/5 weeks old. He started to develop this behavior at about 2/3 weeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by