Crazy Penny is at it again

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Kelly FG, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Kelly FG

Kelly FG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Ridge
    I have an EE that loves to hide her eggs & almost starved herself to death being broody for 9 weeks last summer.
    Well about two weeks ago she started flying out of the run to lay her eggs under the shed, after a few days I figured out where she was laying. Now we've got grass seed down & I really don't want her out all day while we're at work eating it.
    Last night DH & I clipped her wings & I added a little more wire to the top of the run. I'm thinking now that she'll be forced to lay in the real nest again she'll probably go broody in a couple of days.
    So I'm going to need a few fertile eggs [​IMG]
    I'm thinking three. I'd love dark brown eggs & I want birds that will fit in with my current flock of seven
    2 EEs
    2BOs
    1BA
    1BR
    1red star

Anysuggestions & is anyone here selling eggs these days?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Check out the BST forum for what is being offered by others. Else you can try locally for eggs. Red sexlink chicks will most likly not be found in egg form unless they are from a hatchery.

3. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    Welsummers! You get nice, big, roundish eggs in dark brown--sometimes with speckles. Welsummers aren't typically broody either, whereas Marans are.

4. Dewey101

Dewey101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    Elizabethtown,KY
    i got ur buffs, [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by