Crazy Question ??

kbreak

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 1, 2011
Columbia, MS
I noticed my bantam roo breeding my standard hens. Or at least topping them. Will this change my eggs any. It won't change the size of my eggs will it. Will it just change the size of the chick if I were to hatch them? I have just started getting eggs from 2 hens everyday .

nope, shouldn't affect size, shape, quality, consistancy, or frequency of any subsequent eggs. Who knows what kind of chicks you may get though.
hu.gif

It wont change anything with laying, as for the chick size it might be a bit smaller but i dont think by much since it will be part LF.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. This rooster is free ranged in every sense him and his little bantam hen roosts in the trees. He is beautiful roo !! May let them hatch some out this spring. We were hoping they would get more tame since we got the other chickens and they have . They will even go in the coop and run but the minute you shut the door they go crazy trying to get away. No covered run and they fly out and go roost in the trees.
I have one hen with 6 babies that are 6 weeks old and worry about the cold but she is doing a great job with them. We are moving them into a big pen we set up today next to the other run so they can start getting used to each other. Don't need but one broody hen at a time.

Thanks so much for the information !! I am new to chickens ! but already addicted !!!!!! It is all I think about, look at, or talk about. My family thinks I am crazy !!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom