crazy rooster!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chicken momma, Mar 17, 2012.

1. chicken momma

chicken momma Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2012
    Timberlake, NC
    My young rooster crows ALLLLLLLL night. Some people have annoyimg dogs who bark all night...not me...i have an annoying rooster that crows all dang night ... any thoughta of why he's like this and how to get bim to stop!? He wakes us up if we try and sleep with our windows open at night!! Its crazy. Ive had my fair share of roos in the past few years and this is the first time for me!!!

2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

dark dark room/coop/box at night to short to stand up in. (cat carriers) -?

3. jak2002003

jak2002003 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 24, 2009
    Thailand
    Mine start at about 1 am and once one starts its a chain reaction till all 5 of them are going at it. It starts when one hears a distant rooster crowing. I live in a rural Thai village and there are hundreds of chickens about. They crow to each other all through the night - but especially when there is a bright moon.

When I had only 2 roosters I used to put them in a large dog crate and put it in the darkest park of my garden, completely covered with a thick sack to cut off all light. This worked OK. In the end I just got used to it and I never notice it any more.

I think the key is don't let them see any light at night. But they still might crow if they can hear another rooster.

Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by