Crazy Sizzles!!! =) [email protected]@@k

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by pamperedpoultry, Jul 5, 2010.

1. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

2. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    SQUEEEEE!!!!! Theyre soooooo cute!!!!!!

3. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    crazy question, but since there seems to be so many different opinions
    a sizzle is a ...
    a)frizzled silkie
    b)smooth silkie
    c) frizzled silkie/cochin x
    d) none of the above

I have heard all 3 as sizzles.

please clarify

4. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    My understanding is its a frizzled cohin x silkie. Since frizzles carry a non frizzle gene as well and when you breed a silkie to a non silkie the first gen results are usually smooth you can get a combination thereof. Does that make sense?

5. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    Quote:I'm actually asking what the seller is calling a sizzle. there was a long thread on this subject and many answers were so different then what I thought a sizzle was. If I'm going to buy, i need to know what to expect, smooth, frizzled or otherwise from THIS seller.
    I would call a sizzle a frizzled silkie type body bird.

6. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

A sizzle is what started as a cross between a frizzled cochin and a silkie

I have 2nd and 3rd generations of Sizzles, I have 2 pens 1 pen has a 2nd generation "Frizzled" Sizzle roo he has 5 toes but has the red comb and waddles like a cochin He covers all smooth sizzle hens That have 5 toes, crest and the combs like silkies but have the smooth feathers like the cochin. The second pen has 2 Smooth Sizzle roo's (5 toes, black skin, crest and combs like silkies and smooth feathers like the cochins) They cover Frizzled Sizzle hens the too have black skin, 5 toes, crest and frizzled feathers some have a single comb and some have a comb like the silkies. Not all of the ones in the picture are from my silkies some are from my frizzled cochins and silkies

you get a possibility of a smooth from mine but most are frizzled, to keep them from having double genes of the frizzled and having brittle feathers I keep frizzled hens with smooth roos and vice versa

Here are a few pic's of some of the parent stock
    Here is one of the smooth sizzle roo's
    [​IMG]
    and a smooth sizzle hen
    [​IMG]
    one of the Frizzled sizzle hens
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by