Crazy skinny Ameraucana

cherylcohen

The Omelet Ranch
10 Years
Sep 18, 2009
SF East Bay CA
So we've had "crazie" Gracie for about 3 weeks now, she is deffinately low chicken in the pecking order, but she is also fast like a road runner, so there are very few times she actually gets pecked. I see her eating and when we bring their nightime snacks she doesn't eat as much but she's not lethargic or not doing well. I felt her crop tonight and it wasn't as large as the others. I'm only concerned because she's not growing as fast as the others.

We are already doing some flock managment isolating a few of the very dominate ones because we introduced two new ones last week. (we had isolated the new ones for a week or so, but discovered the BBB - big bad grump were pecking everyone so I know that Crazie Gracie is not be pecked to death so does anyone have any idea about getting her to eat more...or does she need to? She's a funny bird that Ameraucana, big personality!!

Last edited:
I hope someone has an answer, because I have an Ameracauna that I added to my existing flock, she always waits for the others to leave the coop before she eats. What will happen to her in the winter when they are all cooped up? Will she get enough to eat?

Back
Top Bottom