crazy sound

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Ole rooster, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    This morning I let the chickens out and all was fine. I let um all eat about 15 or 20 minutes then I give them a handful of scratch. I started to go back inside when I heard one crazy sound I've not heard before. It was my EE while eating the scratch, made a weird high pitch screeching sound and shook her head. She did it ab0ut 3 time and quit. I thought she may have gotten something caught in her throat. I've checked on her since and everything seems fine. Anybody seen this before?

2. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    Probably had something stuck I'm guessing. I saw my Roo do basically the same thing earlier this summer. They were free ranging in my flower beds and I figured he gobbled a piece of a twig, leaf, stone or something. Has been totally fine since.

3. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    I agree, probably something stuck. Mine make that noise occasionally, it sounds like a yappy dog on speed to me.

... the pigs.

4. gamelife

gamelife Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2011
    California
    Sometimes when my rooster eats too fast he gets all clogged up and sneezes 3 or 4 times. It makes my kids laugh. He can be a pig.

5. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    Thanks y'all. That eases my mind.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by