Crazy Stalker Hen???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kyle7630, Jan 5, 2011.

1. kyle7630

kyle7630 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2008
    Semora NC
    One of my hens seems to be head over heels for me. She wants to be picked up constantly, and won't leave me alone lol. For the past few days it's been a little annoying. Anybody get this too?

2. Chickenpoor

Chickenpoor Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2011
    Westminster, SC
    Yes I do. I let my ladies out daily for a few hours and there is one that stays right under feet I guess its because she knows I have corn with me. I use corn to get them where I want them when they go out of range and to put them back in the cage. She is spoiled rotten.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  3. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Yes! We have a neurotic little d'uccle pullet named Daisy. I think her only real goal in life is to become one of those lap dogs you dress up and carry around in a bag! No matter who is out there she is circling your feet begging to be picked up. She's crazy!

4. mprivett

mprivett Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Chatham County, NC
    gosh I'm so jealous of all of you!! I WISH I had one that wanted to be held [​IMG] Instead whenever I try to reach for mine they panic and have the look of terror on their faces [​IMG] They try to run from me and struggle and flap wings when I actually catch and handle them. My roo is the biggest baby of them all- he FREAKS out and then whenever I carry him around he starts shaking all over. Ah well, maybe someday......

5. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Yep, her name is Pepper and she's a nine month old BR pullet. I love her to death.

edited for typos

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by