Crazy things I'm finding cleaning out our barn!! LOTS of pics!

noahsmom

Songster
9 Years
Jan 11, 2013
North Eastern, Ky
So today and yesterday is the days we have really layed into the inside of the barn, the right side of the barn is going to house chickens while the entire left side of the barn we have now decided will be the "workshop" & storage area for feed etc,..
Their was a ton of old hay inside the middle/right side stalls and just a tremendous amount of garbage, tools, car parts, etc,... Well you wouldn't believe some of the things I have found, two in particular so far really stunned me. See pictures below...

You can see pictures of the outside of the barn in the link in my siggy...

Here is some of the inside:

NOW to the interesting things I found...
First thing I found that I had no idea what it could be, was a BONG! I was so surprised and at very first glance I thought ok is that some kind of milking device? It was buried in the very back corner under a thick pile of hay so I wasn't able to get a good look at it, at first.

So I kept cleaning around and then found a towel, I picked up the towel while holding it away from face on the way to take it out the door and something heavy dropped from it!
A .38 special revolver!!! I am not huge into guns but the SO LOVES guns and has his carry concealed so I knew would be excited about it.

So far the rest wasn't as interesting but I also found a Cooler that once cleaned will be used for my homemade incubator...So already I will have $0 in the incubator!

And we were pretty mad when we found a brand new box full of floor buffing pads!
We have hardwood floors completely throughout our house and when we moved in we redid them and those black pads definitely would have been well appreciated!
So, the saga continues, their is leather saddles out their, many transmissions, other car parts, a few other things I plan to keep and use...But we still have a lot to dig through and now I'm being even more cautious since you never know what I will be finding next. If I find anything else interesting I'll be sure to post.

Hidden revolver... best be sure that one wasn't used for nothing bad
lol.png

Our attic is full of beer cans. And our crawl space.. and they're burried in the yard. Still finding beer bottle caps while gardening. I've also found some boards with writing on it, curious what you can find, even in a tiny home like my own.

I would love to have such a wonderful big space as yours though!

Yes we love having this barn, it definitely needs some structural work, but it needs to be cleaned out First. It has a stall on the right side which is where the chickens will go, then a middle stall that is floored in which you see above in the pictures, it runs through the middle and you go straight back to the left and its all floored in. Then their is another large stall with no floor like the stall on the far right. But we've decided to tear down the walls on the left side and create a huge work shop/hang out area. We hope to run electric to it, it has a breaker box and cords already ran to it...But they most definitely need to be completely replaced.

Yes, that was our first thoughts about the gun. It looks to be barely fired and the serial number is still their. But, as far as its history we are not sure. All we know is the guy that lived here before had guns EVERYWHERE. This house was a repo and was sold for a good price, we gladly allowed and helped his family to come inside to get their things from it though before we even touched it. But the outside stuff they didn't care about and was sold as part of the home anyway. We've got 2 OLD trucks sitting on the property we will be getting rid of this spring. We found syringes! and yes MANY MANY beer cans/bottles and still finding them. But we love this place, its going to take a lot of time to get it back together into a nice home though. The inside we had to do EXTENSIVE work to and even had to completely tear out one of the bathrooms and put a whole new bathroom (walls, toilet, sink, floor etc,..!!) because it was in such bad shape. But I believe will be well worth it in the end, besides the fact that our driveway is at such a STEEP incline...It scares me.

Anyway, I think finding things is so much fun, especially when its free and can be reused/repurposed!
We are a young couple and on a budget so its all taking some time.

Last edited:
What may be old junk to you could be a priceless treasure to someone else especially motorcycle parts (saw the gas tanks). What years are the old trucks? If they from the mid 50's to earlier they could make a great yard art centerpiece for a flower bed. I've been wanting to find a vintage rusted truck for that purpose.

Yes, this is a lot of how we think to! I don't like to just toss especially things I know that could be reused or repurposed! The trucks I believe are newer than that, nothing that I personally could do with them. One of them is work truck with the boxed sides ...I can't wait to have them out of the yard!
David called tonight to report he had found the gun, so he has to take it down and get the serial numbers ran and all that tomorrow. If it has any connections to anything then he will have to turn it over, but totally worth it to have peace of mind you aren't packing a previous murder weapon!

Hidden revolver... best be sure that one wasn't used for nothing bad
lol.png

Our attic is full of beer cans. And our crawl space.. and they're burried in the yard. Still finding beer bottle caps while gardening. I've also found some boards with writing on it, curious what you can find, even in a tiny home like my own.

I would love to have such a wonderful big space as yours though!
Oh, sounds like you might have bought my fathers old house. but that was in Boaz.

COOL!!!!!
That thing might be a Hookah rather than a bong. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hookah
Remember the caterpiller in Alice In Wonderland?
I think you are so right! I've never seen anything like it before but I believe you are 100% right, it's a Hookah! kind of neat, but not something I'm interested in lol...
Sheriff came last night and told us to use a hammer and smash the Pipe and the gun has no known criminal background but that it doesn't mean something won't come up in the next few days, so just waiting.

Back
Top Bottom