Crazy weather

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by katharinad, May 21, 2010.

1. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

Ok, I'm up in the mountains in Oregon. We usually have a dry climate, with snow in winter and over 300 days sunshine. This winter stinks. First no snow, then ice cold, then wet, and not back to cold and snow. Temps are over 20 degrees below normal. Nighttime will be below 20 for the next 2 nights breaking all time records. Daytime only low 40's. My latest ducks turned 4 weeks today and I cannot let them out of their heated duck house roaming in the yard. Pour things. They are all unhappy. I've been bringing them extra pea treats and let them out every couple of hours for 15 minutes or so. They love getting out, run around like crazy and get upset when I send them back into the duck house. I wish I could leave them out like the adult ducks, but they don't have all their feathers yet. Lets see how they act tomorrow when we will have snow on the ground. As nice as snow is, its not the time for it. I'm still running around in winter clothes. An that after the temps were already in the 70's and we were already sleeping with open windows. The heater is back on....
    Who else has to deal with crazy weather this year?
    katharina

2. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    I think this is the general consensus among most people this year. I usually get all my "summer" chores done in the winter but this year was cold and wet so I got little done, now summer is here and it it way to hot to start most projects. My family in other states say it is crazy weather this year for them also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by