Crazy weird double egg.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by JOSEYWALES, Sep 23, 2010.

1. JOSEYWALES

JOSEYWALES Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2010
    I have a batch of buff orps about 6 months old give or take. I found my first egg today but it is weird. Two eggs in one attached together end to end with paper thin shell. Anyone else ever see this?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  2. Cavendish Chickens

Cavendish Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Summit County, Ohio
    Siamese twin eggs? Wow. lol I've not heard of that either. With a paper thin shell, I wonder if they would even produce chicks?

3. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    No...and if you don't post a pick I may never get to!! [​IMG] Sounds very cool though!

4. JOSEYWALES

May 20, 2010
    Sorry, no pic. The dog got them for a snack. The outer layer was more like gummy bears than paper really. Very freaky like the outer membrane was in place but no shell. I suppose this is just a fluke since she is just getting started.

5. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yep! Had it happen here. I gotta find the picture and I'll post it here in a few.

6. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Ok, here is the one we had, was yours anything like this one? This is something that one of our OEGB pullets made.
    And please don't judge us on the cedar shavings in the pics as these are pics from a few years ago when we didn't know any better. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    i don't use cedar shavings, but am wondering what is wrong with them are they poison?

8. JOSEYWALES

May 20, 2010
    YES! That is it exaclty. So what came next? Where they back to normal or what? Thanks!

What breed?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  9. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Quote:They say that it makes them more subseptable to respitory illness. I never had a problem but we only used them for a little over 6 months if I remember right.

10. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Quote:Yeah everything was normal after that. They were OEGB but I think it can happen to just about any young pullet that is new to laying. Neat to find though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by