Cream Brabanters...easy/hard to hatch????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sammysmom, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Sammysmom

Sammysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    I am wanting to get some Cream Brabanter hatching eggs and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? I've heard, for example, that Blue Orps are a challenge to hatch from shipped eggs and was wondering if CB's were like that or if it's just the usual shipped egg thing?[​IMG]

2. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I got some eggs of ebay and not one hatched but it could also have been the shipping as there were other breeds from the same person in the same box of eggs and those breeds had really poor hatches also. I only got 5 chicks total out of 20 eggs from the group the Cream Brabanters were in. I chalked it up to being too scrambled in shipping.

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I got some off ebay, poultrybid and eggbid. Not one out of the 3+ dozen I got developed or hatched. And I think they all came from the same person?

4. Sammysmom

Jul 15, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    Well, this is disappointing!![​IMG] Maybe I should just wait and order some chicks from Ideal next year.

5. revelu

revelu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Midland, MI
    I just got some beautiful Brabanter eggs today from okCarla right here on BYC-- if they don't hatch in my new r-com 20 I will blame it on shipping, but the box is in excellent shape and so is the packaging-- I have faith they will be fine--[​IMG]

6. Sammysmom

Jul 15, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    revelu-if you could please let me know how your hatch goes, I would really appreciate it. I'll send you good hatching vibes!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by