Cream Cheese Extract?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by vfem, Jan 11, 2011.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Does it exist? Where can I get some? Or how would I make it?

I am trying to create a cream cheese flavors royal icing for a red velvet biscotti I am trying to make.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    My husband would leave me and start stalking you for a red velvet biscotti.. [​IMG]
    He looooves red velvet cakes and such..

3. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I just need to get the cream cheese flavor for the frosting before I give it a try! [​IMG] I am CRAVING it!!!

4. ChikeeMomma

ChikeeMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Mid Michigan
    I would imagine there would be something out there like that. Think of the cream cheese flavored frosting in a can at the grocery store. That is shelf stable -- how would that be if there were real cream cheese (as we think of it) in it? There's gotta be something out there. Good luck!

5. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:Thanks! I found 1 place online that sells a 2lb bottle of cream cheese extract for $82!!! [​IMG]

So my search continues.

I would just make regular frosting, but they have to package well for sale for the business... so a hard candy coating is preferred. [​IMG]

6. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
  7. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Hey frogdog! I found that this evening around 7:30 and ordered some right away!!! Thanks!!!

8. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    I saw your post earlier but the day got away from me. Hope they turn out great!

9. ChikeeMomma

ChikeeMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Mid Michigan
    Quote:Thanks! I found 1 place online that sells a 2lb bottle of cream cheese extract for $82!!! [​IMG]

So my search continues.

I would just make regular frosting, but they have to package well for sale for the business... so a hard candy coating is preferred. [​IMG]

You'll have to let us know how it turns out for you!

10. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    If its as good as I hope, I will! I've had customers asking for it for MONTHS now!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by