Cream Leg Bars? male/female or not at all?

Well they claim 90% accuracy! The people that wanted them just wanted them for the eggs anyway and had no plans of breeding so should all work out fine.
Thank you all for your help!❤
Many of us buy large batches from a hatchery with intent of keeping best of the best and eat or sell the rest.. I'm glad it won't be effecting your circle of folks excited about blue eggs! :)

I knew some lines had lost their auto sexing abilities and that hatcheries aren't often worried about maintaining certain qualities..

Can you please share which hatchery is vent sexing their CCL? Not as a means of bashing them, but just simple awareness. That's great that you called them, thank you. :highfive:

Thanks @featheredplanets I appreciate your help! :) I ordered several of these chicks for other people, so I would feel bad giving them boys when they wanted girls. I'll make sure they are aware of the strong possibility for boys and the breeding issues. I believe most people just wanted the blue eggs!
Many of us buy large batches from a hatchery with intent of keeping best of the best and eat or sell the rest.. I'm glad it won't be effecting your circle of folks excited about blue eggs! :)

I knew some lines had lost their auto sexing abilities and that hatcheries aren't often worried about maintaining certain qualities..

Can you please share which hatchery is vent sexing their CCL? Not as a means of bashing them, but just simple awareness. That's great that you called them, thank you. :highfive:
Thanks for the kudos, I am a strong believer in personal integrity! :)
I got the birds from Murray McMurray, I have been pleased with their customer service and responsiveness. This is the second time I have ordered from them. The little birds travel a long way to get here to Hawaii, they are one of the few hatcheries that will ship here. I lost 2 birds out of 34 last time and only one that was DOA this time around out of 55. Granted they get intensive care from me as soon as they get here, but they are 3 days old when they arrive! It is nerve wracking waiting for them to get here and even with expedited shipping, no tracking updates from the post office these days. Birds that perish within 2 days of arrival are reimbursed.
Anyway the hatchery's reply to my questions to them was "Sexing the Cream Legbar by feather coloring/markings can be difficult. Therefore, ours are vent sexed. Thank you for sending pictures.":)

Are you able to keep track of which chicks go to which people? It would be interesting to know, a few months from now, which ones did turn out to be female. (If they're all female, that's easy; but if half were male, it would be nice to know which half!)

Back
Top Bottom