Cream Legbar - British Araucana/Americauna

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by annabellaknits, Oct 9, 2015.

1. annabellaknits

annabellaknits Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2014
    So I got some legbars and isbars from this really sweet Russian lady who loves her chickens. She said they are all from green fire farms. While I was picking them up she offered me a British Araucana. She said it's a different breed that we don't have in the states and lays a blue egg.

To me they look like two different lines of legbars but can someone tell me?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  2. annabellaknits

Apr 30, 2014
    This one she called the Legbar [​IMG]

this one she called the British Araucana [​IMG]

left Legbar right auraucana [​IMG]

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Those look like Legbars to me.

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'd say it's a mix, but with some Aracauna influence. I don't see that Greenfire has British Aracauna. They were one of the parent breeds for the CCL, so maybe the person crossed a CCL with an American Aracauna or Ameraucana and called it a British Aracauna?

5. annabellaknits

Apr 30, 2014
    So then which one would be which? one has a little teeny peak home the other has a larger comb one has much lighter feathers the other is darker

6. annabellaknits

Apr 30, 2014
    And on green fire's website they show pictures of late bars that look like both of what I got

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Legbars are supposed to have straight combs. Your hen with the redder breast is your Legbar. The other hen has incorrect coloring and to me looks to have a pea comb? I can't tell for sure from the pics.

8. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    The one in the top pic and on the left in your bottom pic is a Legbar. I agree with donrae; Greenfire Farms doesn't list British Araucanas in their inventory and the bird in the second pic and on the right in the bottom pic appears to be a mixed breed with some Araucana influence.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by