Cream legbar chicks

caitbait

Chirping
Nov 11, 2020
Oakland, CA
So, this is an auto sexing breed and I opted for 2 pullets. They look pretty different. Are they both pullets? Or do I have an odd one?
IMG_1523.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 10.45.43 PM.png

Last edited:
Do you have any other chickens? Do you have space for a rooster? You could try calling the hatchery and see if they will send you another, I have never ordered from a hatchery so I don't know if they actually would give you one or not..... Never hurts to try! All I can recommend unfortunatly if you don't have space for another roo, is try starting to rehome early (if your not going to eat him) so he has tons of time to try and find the right home. AND even though it's so hard (trust me I know) TRY not to get attached. Although that can be hard, especially when you raise them from babies.

Do you have any other chickens? Do you have space for a rooster? You could try calling the hatchery and see if they will send you another, I have never ordered from a hatchery so I don't know if they actually would give you one or not..... Never hurts to try! All I can recommend unfortunatly if you don't have space for another roo, is try starting to rehome early (if your not going to eat him) so he has tons of time to try and find the right home. AND even though it's so hard (trust me I know) TRY not to get attached. Although that can be hard, especially when you raise them from babies.

I can't legally have roosters in my city, so it's either rehoming or freezer camp. Meyer hatchery has a decent gender accuracy policy. I've sent them an email with the photos. I figured some of the 16 chicks I had shipped this week would end up as roos, but pardon my surprise when it's one of the autosexing ones!

I can't legally have roosters in my city, so it's either rehoming or freezer camp. Meyer hatchery has a decent gender accuracy policy. I've sent them an email with the photos. I figured some of the 16 chicks I had shipped this week would end up as roos, but pardon my surprise when it's one of the autosexing ones!
I would try starting rehoming now. That way you have plenty of time to search for a home before the crowing begins. Hatcheries are only correct 90% of the time, but it also always surprises me when they get autosexing breeds wrong.

Back
Top Bottom