Cream legbar chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by PaulaSB12, Feb 28, 2013.

1. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Well they told me they couldn't say whether or not they could get some day old chicks, but they had 4 3 week hen chicks which I have brought. He also told me they have a possible home for my silkie cockerel. I brought them home put them in the box, which they flew out of and chased one of my cats into a cupboard from where he is refusing to get out of!!!!!!!!they are now in a dog cage with chick crumb water a stick to perch on and a brooder light.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  2. PaulaSB12

Dec 6, 2010
    Well two hours later and the big wuss puss has got out of the cupboard under the stairs gave the cage with the chicks a spit at a nice safe distance and ran!!!! That is why he is my big wuss puss!

3. jjakaus

jjakaus Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2011
    wyandotte, mi
    Too funny!!

4. PaulaSB12

Dec 6, 2010
    I was a really nice warm day today (my adult hens and that blasted cockerel who crowed at 5 am in the morning!!!!!!) where giving that purry cluck while they where dust bathing) so I took my 4 week old and let them loose in the cat run they had a great time and where digging and eating in the garden dustbathing and climbing the ladders put for the chickens to get to their sunbathing shelves.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by