Cream Legbar Cockerel...Stunning Boy! 20 weeks old!

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by The Sheriff, Feb 6, 2012.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    I have one too many cream legbar cockerels and sadly, one must go. This cockerel was purchased directly from Greenfire Farms as part of a pair and was vaccinated for Marek's. I received them 11/8/2011 when they were about six weeks old which would make him about five months old. He is crowing and mating now, albeit not successfully. He has a beautiful, erect straight comb unlike some other cream legbars whose combs flop to the side. His feathering is beautiful and all he is missing are the big tail feathers. This little guy will give you a jump start on your cream legbar flock.

[​IMG]

The smaller cockerel on the right is the one for sale.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shipping will be $47.00 and shipping date will depend upon date of purchase. I only ship live birds on Mondays and Tuesdays. Shipping will be via USPS Express Mail in an approved shipping container with bedding and apple slices for hydration. To ship, I must have a complete address and phone number so the PO can notify you when the box arrives. I reserve the right to refuse sales to anyone if I feel the situation warrants it.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I am looking for cream legbar chicks, but when I saw your ad, my curiosity got the best of me as to why Georgia buyers need prior approval.... Is Georgia issuing special guidelines on incoming birds that I should be aware of?

Thanks....

3. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    None that I am aware of.

4. pampered_poultry

pampered_poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    South GA
    Georgia is a relatively laxed state to ship birds and eggs into. Just have your NPIP paperwork and you are good to go. Some states require a second set of permits from that state.

BTW - nice looking birds.

Regards,
    Richard

5. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    SOLD! See 'ya Monday for pick-up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by