Cream Legbar not growing/crop problems

I have used crumbled tofu with an FTT chick and it thrived. It was way behind the other chicks. I fed tofu sprinkled with Poultry Nutri-drench to all the chicks so the small chick would be stimulated by competition to eat. Tofu is a high protein food, very easy to digest. You can also get strained baby food or baby bird formula which is sold at pet stores.

I have used crumbled tofu with an FTT chick and it thrived. It was way behind the other chicks. I fed tofu sprinkled with Poultry Nutri-drench to all the chicks so the small chick would be stimulated by competition to eat. Tofu is a high protein food, very easy to digest. You can also get strained baby food or baby bird formula which is sold at pet stores.
Tofu is a great idea! I also have Nutridrench. Going to give them some today. Thank you

Any other ideas for special foods??
Ordinary chick starter, made wet with water.
Some chickens like it runny and soupy, other chickens like it stiff enough that holds its shape as they take bites.

Sometimes just changing the texture of the feed (like adding water) can help a chicken eat it better.

And chick starter really does have all the right nutrients for growing chickens. It sounds to me like she doesn't need special food, she just needs to eat enough food.

You could try giving her a private meal in both the morning and evening, in case the other chickens have been interfering when she tries to eat. (Sometimes not eating is a physical problem, sometimes it's a social problem.)

I was not able to see either of the two videos, so I'm saying this based on what was in the text.

Ordinary chick starter, made wet with water.
Some chickens like it runny and soupy, other chickens like it stiff enough that holds its shape as they take bites.

Sometimes just changing the texture of the feed (like adding water) can help a chicken eat it better.

And chick starter really does have all the right nutrients for growing chickens. It sounds to me like she doesn't need special food, she just needs to eat enough food.

You could try giving her a private meal in both the morning and evening, in case the other chickens have been interfering when she tries to eat. (Sometimes not eating is a physical problem, sometimes it's a social problem.)

I was not able to see either of the two videos, so I'm saying this based on what was in the text.

great suggestion. I tried some wet food today and she seemed to be taking nibbles... will keep trying and I am going to take her to the vet saturday....

Back
Top Bottom