Cream legbar pullet or cockerel

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by gothica352, Mar 6, 2017.

1. gothica352

gothica352 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2016
    I paid for 2 pullets and a cockerel. I got an extra chick. #3 and # 4 are the 2 im sure of their sex a pullet and a cockerel. #1 Im pretty sure is a pullet. # 2 is the one im really questioning. Anybody have experience with this breed? # 2 is lighter than the other 2 but darker than # 4 and doesnt have a ehitr spot on its head like # 4[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Pretty sure #4 is a male. The others look female.

3. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    #4 is almost definitely a male. #2 looks like it could be male, but it's difficult to see the top of the head and the eye to be certain. Look for a definite "eye liner" and a very dark head for it to be a female.

As your chicks feather out, the first sure sign of a Legbar chick being female will be bronze breast feathering. The males will have grey barring on theirs. You should be able to see this by four weeks.

4. Shezadandy

Shezadandy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2015
    Portland OR
    With true cream legbars I believe that males have head spots and females do not. As long as #2 doesn't have a head spot like #4, and that chick is actually a cream legbar, should be 3 girls and a boy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by