Cream Legbar rooster????

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by LeeWest, Jan 11, 2013.

1. LeeWest

LeeWest Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2011
    I am looking to purchase an outside Legbar rooster. I stumbled across this ad on Craigslist. Here are the pictures of the Cream Legbar roosters they have for sale. I am pretty certain they are not Legbars. What do you think????
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Good lordy, not even close! Run as far as you can from that ad.

3. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    x2
    Here is a Cream Legbar.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. LeeWest

LeeWest Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2011
  5. georgeutd

georgeutd New Egg

Apr 15, 2013
    hello

6. Rogerh

Rogerh New Egg

Aug 2, 2014
    Not Legbars for sure

7. KotosaMom

KotosaMom New Egg

Mar 13, 2013
    I know it's been over a year, but I have a beauty if you're still looking for one.

8. jason hillhouse

jason hillhouse New Egg

Nov 9, 2014
    Athens Tx
    I am wanting to buy a cream leg bar rooster. Where are u located

9. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Just saw this thread -- and I realize that it is old. for the record - I need to say that Cream Legbar #2 above is a nice example of a Cream Legbar. The males go through a lot of color/plumage changes as they mature -- and the #2 above would have probably grown into a very nice CL cockerel.

You can see both have crests and upright combs, yellow legs and beaks. The number 1 looks more like it is missing one of the required 'barring' genes that Cream Legbar males have -- or else the expression of the second barring gene is very weak. #1 looks more like a silver-duck-wing with very slight barring.

ETA - the feathersite photo above is a nice example of a mature CL -- and little #2 above could have grown up to look very similar. If you go to the Cream Legbar Website - you can see some photo essays of people who took monthly pictures of their chicks as they grew. On the left navigation bar it is #12. HTH

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by