Cream Legbar sex

homeschool2boys

In the Brooder
Jan 4, 2017
NW Florida

This is my 8 week old cream legbar (at least I think she(?) is a cream legbar)...I thought she was a girl (queen Elizabeth is her name) but lately I'm doubting this...is it too early to tell? What do y'all think?

That's a cockerel. You should have been able to tell its sex as a day old by its color, do you remember what he looked like when he hatched?

Crap. That's what I was afraid of. I got (him, sniff sniff) at 3 weeks from a family of new chicken breeders...he said he was pretty sure it was a girl. Dang it.

Methinks they on purpose saddled you with a rooster. There's no such thing as not knowing the sex at hatch with this breed.

Hi, welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Looks like a lot of comb to me. But not much waddles. I'm not too familiar with the breeds though. Think boy.
Methinks they on purpose saddled you with a rooster. There's no such thing as not knowing the sex at hatch with this breed.
Sure there is, it's called poor genetics. But what happened to the rest of the chicks they hatched? You might be right.

Although ANY breeder should be prepared to cull by means other than lying! Who's to say....

1f622.png
thanks for confirming what I was afraid of. The older the chick got, the more agressive it's become (but I love him). I'll give the sellers a call soon. Maybe they did it on purpose, but I think they're just new and have lots of breeds....I'm new too so I trusted him. But I can switch him out and I'd rather do it sooner than later. The girls are browner, right?

If the barred rock I got from them is a male I'll be really mad, she's my favorite.

If that is the Barred Rock chick in the pics then I'd say it looks like a hen. I got two BRs as chicks and the hen was much darker in color than the rooster.

Back
Top Bottom