Creases in the earlobe=heart disease ????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by coloradochick, Nov 16, 2010.

1. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Has anyone heard of this and does anyone else have creases besides me? [​IMG]
    Not having been seen by a doctor for going on 9 years (no isurance) and thinking for the past year that there is something going on with my heart, I came across this crease in the earlobe study. And now I'm getting a panicky feeling inside that isn't helping me at all.

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I am not sure if it is fool proof study. I honestly don't think it indicate heart disease....my grandparents didn't have creases in their ears, just natural age wrinkles.

3. joyous

joyous Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2009
    Davenport, Iowa
    I am a Nurse in a Cardiac Catheterization Lab, the crease in the earlobe is just an old wives tale! More important is modifying the risk factors you can change! Low fat diet, healthy weight, exercise, don't smoke, alcohol in moderation. The thing you can't change is family history. Genetics are passed down. Good news is that you don't always get the Bad genes, sometimes its just a crap shoot!

4. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    You can buy low cost medical insurance.

If you think you have a heart problem, go to a doctor or a low-cost or free clinic. If you are in distress right now, please go to the emergency department of a hospital.

There are many different heart problems, and many different symptoms, but books and articles often say to watch out for feelings of fatigue, shortness of breath, pain in the chest on exercise, blue coloring in the lips or fingernails,
    etc.

There is only one ear lobe crease, a very special and particular type of earlobe crease at a specific angle, that SOME people think goes along with heart disease, but not all researchers agree there is even the slightest association between the two.

Just because two things occur together sometimes, doesn't mean they're related or even have anything to do with each other.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Crease in the earlobes = old.

6. joyous

joyous Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2009
    Davenport, Iowa
    Wellsummerchicks is right! I missed the part of you thinking something is wrong with your heart....Please visit a low cost clinic NOW! If you are actively having chest pain..Call 911 NOW! What symptoms are you having?

7. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Gee thanks Deb [​IMG] Like I needed help figuring that out [​IMG]

Well, when I did have insurance (currently looking at "einsurance" for health insurance, got to bite the bullet and just dig the money up for it) my choleterol was over 200 and that was when I was in my mid 20's. I'm currently 45, not is the best shape, not having heart pain but all of the other symptoms that go along with heart problems. So I'm going to get to the doc in the next day or so. It's just one of those panicky intuitions that I know I can't ignore. I just read some things on the ear crease and it mentions sudden death quit a bit. Pretty much scared the pee out of me.

8. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    What other symptoms of heart problems do you have?

You really need a doctor to diagnose you. It is SO easy to convince yourself of all sorts of things, and it's ALSO easy to overlook things that really are important.

I used to try and diagnose myself and guess what! I got 'Medical Student's Disease'. That's the disease where you believe you have any disease you read about. I finally had to accept the amazing fact that a guy who goes to medical school for half his life does a better job than I do, LOL.

9. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Shortness of breath, arm pains, neck and jaw pain(not consistently but often), heart flutters or whatever they call that, and extreme fatigue. I'm under alot of stress with my special needs son and our financial status that has been ongoing for years and I think that's taken it's toll.

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:As the wife of a man with heart trouble, you need to go to a doctor - NOW.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by