creating a water heater for a plastic water feeder?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by narwhal master, Dec 3, 2013.

1. i was wondering if there is a cheep solution for keeping water warm in a plastic water feeder??[​IMG]

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    google the chicken chick. she makes one pretty cool. i havent tried it yet but i will and i know others that have. its a metal tin and a 40 watt (i think) light bulb.

3. oh wow that looks like a great idea i will try that. i also saw that Hobbit Hole coop on her site and since i am a big Lord of the Rings fan its really awesome

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG] that is a cool coop

5. thanks for the suggestion [​IMG].

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    you are welcome. now shoot me but ive never seen lord of the rings. was it like the harry potters?

7. no not really, it had a couple wizards but more Hobbits (tiny people) dwarves,elves and humans. every body even the wizards had swords and bows and axes and that kind of medieval weapons.
    and there is a really strong ring and 19 other rings

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    aw, i like those kind of movies. will have to rent one now. how many are there?

9. 3. the books were really only one book though but they made both the movies and the books a trilogy

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    which one is better? usually books are but the visual effects are probably a lot better then my imagination.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by