Creative ideas for packaging eggs? (other than cartons)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Sunshyne276, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Sunshyne276

Sunshyne276 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Richlands, Virginia
    Does anyone package their eggs in anything other than cartons? (baskets, etc?)

2. atimme

atimme Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Chicago
    A cute basket with a fabric bottom would be cute! Are you packaging them for egg customers?[​IMG]

3. Sunshyne276

Jun 10, 2010
    Richlands, Virginia
    Yes, planning to.. [​IMG] I've never sold eggs, fairly new to chickens and eggs really. That would be cute..
    Would love to figure out something cute and cost effective. Thanks for the reply! [​IMG]

Quote:

4. simpsoncj

simpsoncj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2009
    I use the little brown bags with a plastic square cutout in front. They are usually sold as coffe bags I think. They close at the top by folding down and folding over the edges. I have 8 chickens that lay all different looking/colored eggs and everyone thinks they are really cute with the different eggs showing through the cutout. I don't decorate the bags at all but you definitely could!
    CJ

5. Sunshyne276

Jun 10, 2010
    Richlands, Virginia
    What a good idea! Do you have a picture of one of the little bags with the colorful eggs?
    That sounds cute AND cost effective!

6. simpsoncj

Dec 27, 2009
    I will take a picture and post!
    CJ

7. simpsoncj

Dec 27, 2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did it quickly, so you know you can arrange the eggs better! Sometimes the color doesn't come through on these pics but I have green, medium brown, and on pinkish-cream colored egg showing through the window. I also uploaded a pic of just the bag. It is so simple and inexpensive and I don't have all these egg cartons sitting around taking up space!
    CJ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by