Crele orpington project.....

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by heathersboers, Mar 31, 2011.

1. heathersboers

heathersboers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    Well I guess since crele orps are now available in the usa- we have decided to go public on one of our many projects....our crele orpingtons in progress.....we have been working on these for quite a while and are pleased with the coloring... we are using buff orpingtons to get better body type on these. This is what we have so far...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    WHOA! So what's their genetics?

3. heathersboers

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    Quote:The rooster is English orpington /Crele marans project cross and we are breeding him over buff orps. ..so the chicks are 3/4 orp. And 1/4 marans project. When we cross again it will probably be to black sq orps. Its just something fun we are doing for color...

4. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

What a gorgeous bird!

5. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Quote:The rooster is English orpington /Crele marans project cross and we are breeding him over buff orps. ..so the chicks are 3/4 orp. And 1/4 marans project. When we cross again it will probably be to black sq orps. Its just something fun we are doing for color...

Oh cool! so you used the Crele Morans for the color?

6. lildinkem

lildinkem Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Count me on the list. Among my long list of projects for this year.
    My Cuckoo boys are ready to start breeding. I am using real Cuckoo Orp cockerels with White skin to my Buff pullets. Which means the initial breeding of Cuckoo Orps to Buff Orps will make Crele Orps.
    Here are my Cuckoo boys. Nice to see others are trying.

Like I said the initial breeding will make Creles
    Boys just turned 8 months old. And I seen them mount. We're ready to start in on the fun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the up coming show this pullet goes into the pen with these boys

[​IMG]

7. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    LOVE the color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. heathersboers

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    The color is what we are after. I love a barred chicken with lots of color!!!! I like the cuckoo buff cross.very nice. We are using the same roo over golden cuckoo marans pullets. Talk about gorgeous!!! Now if they'd start back up laying....their egg color puts our black marans to shame....

9. tgrlily

tgrlily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Wow! Great job so far!!!!! [​IMG] I love crele Orpingtons & am so glad to see them being created right here. We now have all of the ingredients for a crele project too -- but not with the Orps. [​IMG] I love the barred pattern in general, particularly when done in color.

He looks like a BIG boy!

10. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Wow--great looking projects, guys! I do not need another breed. I do not need another breed. I do not need another breed. I do not need another breed. I do not need another breed. I do not need another breed. I do not need another breed. I do not need another breed. I do not need another breed. I do not need another breed. I do not need another breed. I do not need another breed. I do not need another breed. I do not need another breed. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by