Crele Orpingtons - PIC's

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Has anyone ever seen this type of Orpington here? They are absolutely gorgeous but I can only find eggs for sale in England.

Do you think eggs could make it from England to Florida if expedited by international FedEx??

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Those are gorgeous.

I think there's a lot of hurdles to go through for international egg shipments. That's why they have birds there that we don't have here...

3. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    It is highly illegal to purchase and have eggs or birds shipped from another country without the proper importation documents by both governments.
    It is difficult and extremely costly, thousands of dollars to do it.[​IMG]

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    No, it does not cost thousands.

If you find a breeder certified to ship them to the US with proper paperwork and documents is costs a few hundred dollars for the shipping - the price of the eggs is another ball park entirely.

If you find a breeder and want to share a shipment of eggs contact me!

5. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    wow those are beautiful some one should try and make a habit of importing eggs maybe Martha Stewart or someone rich like her [​IMG]

6. ascott1978

ascott1978 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Joshua, Tx
    Those are awesome. [​IMG]

7. Maggie3

Maggie3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Central Michigan
    I think MissPrissy should get some.[​IMG]

8. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    I spoke with an APHIS veterinarian. It requires a vet certificate from the shipper, an import permit ($94), must be shipped to an APHIS port...Miami or New York. There is a fee there but she wasn't sure how much. She said to call customs and ask if I can pick the eggs up or if I have to use a broker. If you have to use a broker, the costs mount quickly. They do not have to be in quarantine since they are eggs...not birds.

If no broker...then about hundred dollars, probably. Miss Prissy, I'll let you know if I can find someone willing to ship. I checked UPS and express shipping is about $175. That guarantees 2 days from England to Miami.

I wish I knew someone going and coming back. They could put them in their suitcase!! It couldn't be worse handling that the USPS gives them here!

Shoot...a round trip ticket to England might be cheaper!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2008
  9. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Have you seen the price of airline tickets lately?!?! The rising fuel costs are hitting hard in that industry as well. I think you had better stick with getting them shipped to you. [​IMG]

Good luck on getting some eggs! They are gorgeous chickens!!! [​IMG]

10. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    WOW. Those are some gorgeous birds.

Good luck--if you do import any eggs, I'd love to hear how the process goes for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by