Creme d'Argent rabbits

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by MagsC, Aug 14, 2008.

1. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Does anybody have this breed? My daughter is taking rabbits in 4H this year and this is her chosen breed...so I am just curious about others experiences with them.

2. warsawffagurl

warsawffagurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Warsaw, IN
    i have one buck..
    and ive fallen in love with the breed
    the only reason it isnt my breed of choice is because its a rare breed and hard to get ahold of.
    I still haven't found a doe for him.
    You should get a young perfectly reddish/orangeish... and watch as its color/frosting comes in... i thought it was amazing and their gorgeous gorgeous rabbits
    they also get rather large... around 8-10 lbs i think.. maybe more like 7-9.. but still fairly large
    i love the breed, and id recommend it to anyone!
    i hope you find what your looking for,
    Jennifer See
    www.freewebs.com/jandrrabbitry/

3. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Yeah, we know someone who has a few. She had a 4H judge just check them out for the heck of it. My daughter is getting a doe from her.
    In doing some reading up on it, I have found its considered a heritage breed, originated in France? To me anyway, thats really interesting.

4. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
  5. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Thank you! I will be sure to check that out.[​IMG]

6. hooligan

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Sicne the book is sort of expensive, I can copy off the pages pertaining to her breed choice and send them to you so you can get an idea of the book. Just let me know [​IMG]

7. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    That would be great! If you want, PM me, I will give you my e-mail address, or if need be, my home address.
    Her first choice is creme d'argent, her second choice is champagne d'argent and harlequins are the third choice. However we already have our creme chosen. Even so, she might get another rabbit or two.

8. hooligan

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Send me your snail mail addy and I will get them in the mail to you Monday [​IMG]

9. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
  10. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Thank you Vicki![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by