Creole colouring?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Godiva, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    I was wondering what the description is for creole colouring and how you get it. I have a cockerel that looks a bit like the one picture I saw and he is a chick from a blue barred large fowl cochin roo over a buff orpington hen... answers to Herkemer, getting to be a pretty boy though he isn't keen on being picked up. [​IMG] So he gets picked up even more LOL

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Crele is barring over a black breasted red coloring. Some coloring may look similar but there is a definite standard for true crele.

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG]

Heres a pic of my Crele OEGB Its not that great of a pic but the only one I have one here.

Well I found another one of him. Its a little better.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
  4. blackdotte

blackdotte Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    If you wanted a description of a Crele you have it, but this may not be so. I have never heard of a Creole is it from the Louisiana bayous?

5. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    this is a little off subject but i love the idea of the cut out food bowl.that would be a great idea for starting chicks and cheep too! [​IMG] pretty birds too!

6. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:Thanks. I saw them on I think BYC, and figured Id try them out. [​IMG] I think I bought a pack of 3 or4 of them for $1.

7. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I have heard the colour described as creole before--on a fly-fishing website!

8. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Thanks for the input folks. I actually saw the spelling and picture of creole colouring on an overseas website for cochins, I had only seen the crele spelling so was not sure if it was the same. I love that picture of your boy, very pretty! My guy is not the same, but similar, just a cross breed with pretty colours!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by