Crested Cream Legbar SOP - CCL as a dual-purpose breed

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by DCchicken, Dec 31, 2013.

1. DCchicken

DCchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2013
    Maryland
    I has become apparent in other threads that some CCL breeders are focusing on making the breed to be a laying only breed. I am going to begin working on a new SOP to propose to the APA that shifts the focus to making the CCL breed dual-purpose. This thread is intended for discussing making an SOP with the dual purpose in mind. Please keep discussion about making it layer only breed in the thread about the alternative SOP thread. This thread should be about increasing the size and utility of the Crested Cream Legbar as a dual-purpose breed.

2. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:Honest question, how large are your birds now? male size and female please.... and I was just kidding about the whole owning the CCL future.. I just help round here, with genetics, I could also help around here if you dont mind, I will keep it to color and genetics not names.. that would be up to the SOP draft

3. DCchicken

DCchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2013
    Maryland
    I have not weighed them in a long time. I will have to do that soon. Maybe we can get others to weigh their males and post results here as well.

4. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:well thats a good start.. to know where you are and then aim at what you want.. step by step

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by