Crested Gecko

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Aneesa's Muse, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I was chatting it up about my latest clutch of Crested Geckos tonight ..and someone wanted to see an update of the one that hatched with really bold "tiger" striping, so...

[​IMG]
    Without flash..

[​IMG]
    With flash..

...and not "fired up" in either picture, of course.

I also tried to get pics of the clutchmate, but both little boogers kept jumping to me or the camera ..and sitting ON the camera makes taking a pic a huge challenge! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

What a beautiful little bugger! One day I'll have one, I swear! [​IMG] But it'll probably have to wait another 5 years or so, hah.

3. Aneesa's Muse

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks, Madison! [​IMG]

I have some babies here, if you're ever ready ..and I'm not too far, so there wouldn't be a shipping risk. [​IMG]

4. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Aminah,

It is gorgeous! I need one whenever possible, haha. Madison definitely needs one, she's just in denial at the moment!

5. Aneesa's Muse

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I finally named this one ..and its clutchmate was named by another gecko friend.

This one is Amur ...which is also what some call Siberian.. tigers.

The one not pictured, but almost identical, is Tipu ...which is Hindu for tiger.

Jordan.. whenever you're ready. Feijoa is ready, I think. I haven't louped it for gender yet, but I can, if it matters [​IMG]

6. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I want one too [​IMG]. Too bad it's that or my Oscar, and I love him. He's so funny. Hmmm is there anything I could get rid of to make room for one.........

7. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Jordan.. whenever you're ready. Feijoa is ready, I think. I haven't louped it for gender yet, but I can, if it matters

If you want me to be murdered by my parents, I'll totally take Feijoa! lol. My mom is anti-new animals for the time being as we are moving. I will have to get another one sometime though, and you are who Im coming to!​

8. jaybme

jaybme Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG- What a good looking crested! I have been researching and admiring them, but have not found any to buy.

Can we talk?

Thanks, Jayne

9. Animal lover85

Animal lover85 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Just got my first Eyelash crested gecko and was wondering if anyone knew if he had any specific patterns, he has white and black tony spots and a big white spot on his tail but other than that I don't know anything else about patterns.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by