1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Crested roo with regular hen?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bald k9, Oct 31, 2009.

1. bald k9

bald k9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    What would the chicks be if the dad was a crested breed and the mom a regular breed? like Polish roo to Rhode island red hen
    Polish roo to easter egger
    Would the chicks be crested or 50% crested and 50% not? thanks for your input [​IMG]

2. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    If the roo is pure all his babies will have crests but they will be modified(sp)some big,some smaller

3. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Here are some of my mixes. I need a new picture though, they have grown a lot. The combs are very different. A lot of them start straight and then split or are buttercup like.

[​IMG]

4. bald k9

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    Thanks for the pics what is the mother breed of the pics?

5. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Some of these were splash Polish hen mixed with several different roos and some of them are Splash Polish roo with RIR hen. I will try to get some better pictures tomorrow if I think of it and if they will hold still long enough(and if it doesn't keep raining making everything sloppy). I got two very pretty roos from these mixed. One is cream with black lacing and the other is red but with golden mixed in (I call him Satan because his crest is on either side of his comb making him look horned).

6. bald k9

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    Great looking forward to the new pics! thanks again

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by