Crested Special, done sold out. Chick-blockers!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CrazyAnimalGirl, Aug 18, 2010.

1. CrazyAnimalGirl

CrazyAnimalGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2010
    West of Atl, Ga
    OH MY.... I just ordered the Bantam Special (.95 cents!) and they should arrive tomorrow. Then I got this email this morning, Crested special at 1.45 each [​IMG] and only today!!!

I need more polish, I need more polish, I need more polish..... [​IMG]

Someone talk me out of it!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  2. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I can't help you there.

I got a single hatch baby a week ago and one chick is a lonely noisy thing to deal with.

I was taking care of some paperwork yesterday and drove by a feed store that buys from Ideal. Decided to buy the chick a friend. Just one mind you.

I can home with a Mottled Houdan, a GLP, SLP and BLP. With my luck they're all roos too. I have Polish roos and no hens, so yep that would be my luck!

Love those Polish!

3. CrazyAnimalGirl

Jul 28, 2010
    West of Atl, Ga
    Haha! [​IMG] I bet he's happy now! We will hope for girls! [​IMG] If not, buy some more!

I went to get a silkie a while back and I think the lady let me pick out like 2 pullets and 5 roos (before I knew much about silkies) so i'm prob in trouble too.

Turns out that they sold out of the crested special before I could get my hands on it. But for me there's nobody to tell me I cant have 2 million chickens, only my dogs and they are as obsessed with the chicks as me!!

.... i'll just wait for a new special.... [​IMG]

4. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    Well if you're looking for some polish eggs... just a few... we have them and they're laying. Not to be an enabler or anything.

5. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Quote:I almost went and got more today thinking I'd try to make sure there were some pullets in the group. My little one from my birds is a BSL and a pullet, so at least one girl for sure in the bunch. I have a poultry auction 2 1/2 blocks from my house. I can always take what I don't want later there, but I pay then what I spend that way. Always craigslist I guess. I really don't want hatchery chicks, but since my husband passed away last month I think I'm trying to just find something to do. He didn't mind me buying chickens. Heck he paid for most of them, built me coops and wasn't that crazy about my birds. As long as I was happy he was all for me having them though. Guess I'm trying to make myself happy.

Think I will buy more after all. Could maybe help me later afford some better quality ones. I do have eggs coming though. Just tired of the PO and loose air cells. 0 hatches have been the norm lately with the shipped eggs.

I want to hatch everything these days!

6. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle
    Quote:I almost went and got more today thinking I'd try to make sure there were some pullets in the group. My little one from my birds is a BSL and a pullet, so at least one girl for sure in the bunch. I have a poultry auction 2 1/2 blocks from my house. I can always take what I don't want later there, but I pay then what I spend that way. Always craigslist I guess. I really don't want hatchery chicks, but since my husband passed away last month I think I'm trying to just find something to do. He didn't mind me buying chickens. Heck he paid for most of them, built me coops and wasn't that crazy about my birds. As long as I was happy he was all for me having them though. Guess I'm trying to make myself happy.

Think I will buy more after all. Could maybe help me later afford some better quality ones. I do have eggs coming though. Just tired of the PO and loose air cells. 0 hatches have been the norm lately with the shipped eggs.

I'm sorry for your loss.
    [​IMG]

7. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Thank you.

It's the hardest thing I've ever been through. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

8. CrazyAnimalGirl

Jul 28, 2010
    West of Atl, Ga

Aww, yes, you go get you those chickens. I think that would be a great hobby/time spender. Shoot, my chickens keep my mind off of a lot of stuff. I swear I feel like I feed a zoo 5 times a day but it's not that much really. That's a lot of time when you add it up!

9. CrazyAnimalGirl

Jul 28, 2010
    West of Atl, Ga
    Quote:You know, I decided to separate my new babies from my 2 wk olds to see how the 'breed' was looking and I found out that Ideal didn't send me my black-crested white polish! I'm steaming mad. That was supposed to be my Afro Chicken!

I already have a few polish but I know i'll get more. I cant wait till they grow up!

I'm not sure about eggs... I ordered 18 a few weeks ago and they are supposed to hatch Sunday. I think I may have only 1 possible hatch. Old bator screwed me over. I want a broody hen to hatch my eggs cause this bator is using too much electricity and my own energy! haha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by