crested white duck, welsh harquins, golden 300

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by cw, Dec 29, 2009.

1. cw

cw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    can someone post pics of the following ducklings, are they good natured, easyiest way to sex them. etc
    any need to know things,

2. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

3. cw

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    yea, i have an order placed with metzer, but these are my substitutes, and i know nothing about them, i was looking for peoples expiernce with these breeds

4. pardygwyn

pardygwyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Here is a photo of WH and Golden 300 ducklings from Metzer. The 3 in the middle are all Golden females. Some have facial striping, some don't, all are brown. The boys are supposed to be black.

The WH whose perfectly pink beaks are visible are almost all female. The one dabbling in the water and the one hiding his head are both normally marked males with dark-splotched beaks; the one in the lower left-hand corner is an unusual male with very little dark spotting on his beak. This does happen, which is why sex-linked beak coloration in newborn WH is 90% accurate. Metzer will vent-sex for you, which is a nice backup.

This group is now a month old. They're all laid-back and pleasant, but the Goldens are more alert and tend to lead the flock. The boy WH are the most adventurous; the girls just seem to like sitting around in the back of the flock and watching the world go by so far.

5. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Quote:You asked for pictures too... sorry.

6. cw

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    are pretty happy with em?

7. cw

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    good breeds, i orginally ordered khki campells and black swedish, but they had some problems, will these be good replacements?
    the white crested is a free one and got blue swedish to rplace the black ones, but i am curious of the golden 300 and the welsh harquin

8. cw

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    i also understand the welsh and the gold 300 came from the khaki campells is this correct

9. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Quote:i dont know about that but my harlequins i had they were really flighty and i breed swedes good breed i love them i had pix of my harlequins but they arent on this computer!!!

10. cw

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    do they fly? are they good around small children?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by