Crevecoeur rooster photos from today...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Jun 7, 2010.

1. I was trying to get his pinkish earlobes...LOL

His beard could be better & his crest larger but he was a good place to start. His temperament is very good (I've had some not-so-nice Creve roosters, let me tell you!) LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If you look real close in this picture you can see month-old Creve chicks in the background...they had a few hours of sunshine today! The wind was howling, too!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  2. damselfish

damselfish Songster

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Really interesting-looking. I've never seen a Creve Coeur before.

3. Thank you! It's been a real challenge to find decent stock and even then it's hard! [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    Good lookin' fella! How big is he?

5. He's probably 8-9lbs and not quite one year old. They are actually surprisingly heavy when you pick them up--they are heavier than they look!

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    That's a heavy bird. I reviewed your web site and wondered where one can find a good source of information on rare breeds?

7. menageriemama

menageriemama Songster

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    Very handsome boy [​IMG]

8. Quote:Eventually, I'd like to add some more information on each breed when I have time...I know Feathersite is a great resource and there are some breed charts like Henderson's & the one here on BYC.

9. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Oh, he's a cool fellow! Beautiful, and I love his crest. I'll bet he's just magnificent in person. [​IMG]

10. Quote:THank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: