Crevecoeur x with jersey giant for larger crevecoeur

Wallas

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 4, 2015
I have a breeding project in mind and I could use a little help on a few details. I want to cross a Crevecoeur with a jersey giant to increase the size of my Crevecoeur line. What I am worried about is the combs, I want to keep the duplex comb trait intact. So I plan to take a Crevecoeur too and breed him to jersey hens to get a f1 with 100% Dv, d+ then select the best roo and hens from the f1 generation and breed an f2 with hopefully 25% Dv,Dv and cull all of the Dv,d+ and the d+d+. This should be easy enough I think by selecting the birds with ideal combs at this point the line would still be 50% Crevecoeur and 50% jersey for the f3 generation I would breed the Dv,Dv hens from f2 back to the original Crevecoeur roo to get hopefully a 50% Dv,Dv 50% Dv,d+ generation being made up of 75% Crevecoeur and 25% jersey with increased size from the jerseys then I would simply fine the best examples of what I am looking for trait wise and breed the f3 together and start a new line of larger Crevecoeur. Now since they are both black I think I don't need to worry about color and by selecting birds only with crests the whole way I should be able to keep that trait intact. Let me know if I am over looking something my goal is a 9+lbs Crevecoeur looking root in the end. Thanks

Last edited:
Anyone with any thoughts or experiences with breeding duplex and single comb breeds together would be helpful too.
1f605.png

Back
Top Bottom